Autodesk has introduced the new version of its 3D character animation software -- Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010. MotionBuilder 2010 will also ship as a part of the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites and the Autodesk Real-Time Animation Suites, leveraging the software's improved interoperability with Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max software.
Autodesk MotionBuilder real-time 3D character animation software is an ideal tool for high-volume game animation pipelines, director-driven virtual cinematography, and real-time character simulations. MotionBuilder 2010 delivers faster overall performance, expanded physics capabilities, productivity-enhancing animation workflows, and improved interoperability with Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Autodesk Softimage software.The latest release of Autodesk MotionBuilder motion capture and 3D character animation software offers:
- Optimization of the MotionBuilder 3D animation engine—Benefit from superior performance when working with large-scene files.
- Faster nonlinear editing with the Story Tool—Edit data-heavy animation sequences efficiently, and create high-quality cinematics for shot pre-visualization.
- Enhanced pose control support—Capture poses and apply them to other objects for rapid reuse of animations.
- Support for user-defined keying groups—Work more efficiently with custom rigs, props, cameras, and lights.
- Exposure of the Actor tool in Python® scripting—Help to automate the setup and transfer of motion-capture data onto a character.
- Support for connecting multiple simulated objects—Use joints to hook props onto a character and have the secondary animation automatically solved by the physics engine.
- Finger controls for Actor
- SDK access to Actor
- Custom Keying Groups
- Pose Controls for Objects
- Enhanced support for 3ds Max Biped and Softimage Character templates
- Performance Updates
- More options for Joints in Physics simulations
Here are some nice videos showing new features in MotionBuilder 2010
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 New Features, Animation with Ragdoll
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 New Features, Pose workflow
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 New Features, Dynamic Joints
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 New Features, Animation with Ragdoll Pose Matching